Fast Forward Vision Exercise:
Fast Forward one year from today: what does extraordinary success look like for you?
- Share about your year as if it's already happened. Use past and present (vs. future) tense.
- You do not need to know how to get there.
- Visions are usually 1-3 pages in length. The questions below are to direct the thinking vs. be answered in a linear way.
Questions to Get Started:
- What are you known for?
- What were your accomplishments professionally? Be specific, describing the business outcomes that you and your team produced. Use key metrics so you can track progress.
- Describe the culture of your company and team. How do people communicate and collaborate? Include metrics when relevant: manager effectiveness, employee engagement, diversity.
- What were your accomplishments in other areas of your life that matter to you? Be vivid and specific. Areas can include: health/well-being, relationships, family, friends, community, recreation, ﬁnances, home, etc.
- How did you grow and improve?
- What is your outlook on life?
- Describe the quality of important relationships — professional and personal.
Using Your Vision:
- Share your Vision with people who are important to you – at work and in your life
- Read monthly – this is your compass
- Track progress/gaps quarterly
- Reﬁne/update annually
Download Sample Visions